Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall 2010

Hi everybody! It has been a long time since I posted. We have been great. The kids are busy with school and preparing for finals. Football and soccer season were a blast! Alex got to cheer for Aquinas on ESPN! Regan had fun cheering at both JV and varsity games.The soccer team won state again for the 8th year in a row! Noah played football and soccer and his teams both took 2nd place this year. This past weekend they played in the HIT tournament and took second in their division. Regan is also playing competitive soccer so we spend the weekends running from game to game. We have a little break now before basketball begins. Noah is playing for a CYO team....I guess Alex and Regan are too! The girls won't have to start cheering until the first week of December so it is a nice break. The big news is that Alex is officially a WILDCAT! We went to Manhattan for an official visit and soon thereafter she received her acceptance letter. She is very excited and ready to head to college! Next step is to figure out housing and the financial part of college. She would like to live in Ford so we need to submit our housing application soon. I have been feeling great. My last surgery was successful so my chest is healing nicely. I finished the reconstruction last month so I should be done with that part. Unfortunately I am going to have surgery November 30th. This time it is a hysterectomy. My cancer was estrogen feed to a small degree so when my ovaries "woke up" last month they decided it was time to remove the primary source of estrogen. I'm not real happy about this as I was just starting to feel like myself again. I should only be sidelined for 6 weeks this time. I have been working hard to get back in shape and this will set me back again. Alex tells me to quit saying I'm done with surgery as it seems to jinx me. Hopefully this is the last surgery! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

So glad to hear you've got a little Wildcat! And that you're doing well.